Firstly though, here is a guide to what my name is not:
- Vanilla (for years I kept the fax message from the UK sarting "Hi Vanilla")
- Flonula (what my au pair family thought my name was due to a typo on my letter of application)
- Viola (my work mate called me this for 2 years!)
- Fin-you-la (my son's best friend calls me this)
- Fan-lu-na (ok, it was a child calling me this, but still)
- Vee-nula (my father-in-law's attempt at correct pronunciation. It took a while to get past that).
- Fee-oh-nu-a-la (the go-to pronunciation for most non-Irish people)
Fin-ooh-la (as in ooh la la, but without the last la!). Got it? Good.
P.S. I'm not so sure I'll be doing much of this vlogging craic. I haven't really got the flair for it, have I? (You can be honest).